- About Us
- Library Policies
Each card is eligible for 15 checkouts, 3 of which can be video games.
All items are checked out for two weeks, except for 7-Day Express Checkouts.
Each item is eligible for two renewals unless on hold for another patron. Video games may be renewed once. 7-Day Express Checkouts are not renewable.
The Niceville Library does not charge overdue fees. However, any item not returned after 3 overdue notices will be considered lost and the borrower will be billed for that item.
Computer Use Information
Okaloosa library card holders may log on to our public internet computers using the barcode number on their library card. Visitors may receive a guest pass by showing photo ID at the Circulation Desk.
Computers for public use are connected to a high-speed fiber network and have standard Microsoft Office software installed. Customers may use personal USB drives and CDs in the computers.
Free WiFi is available during normal business hours.
The Niceville Library offers:
- 24 Public Use Computers
- 8 Teen Space Computers
- 4 Youth Area Computers
- 4 AWE Early Literacy Computers
- B/W Printing: 10¢ per page (Wireless printing also available)
- Color Printing: 25¢ per page
Computer & Internet Policy
Each individual is responsible for his or her appropriate use of the Internet in a public place. Parents or guardians have the responsibility to guide and oversee their children’s computer use and Internet access. Express parental permission may be required for users ages 16 and under. Libraries may additionally require direct supervision of young children.
In order to provide a safe and comfortable environment for all users, customer responsibilities are:
- Refrain from viewing pornographic content
- Comply with copyright law and adhere to software licensing agreements
- Refrain from streaming or downloading copyrighted materials
- Comply with all local, state, and federal laws including, but not limited to, those concerning fraud, privacy, or obscenity
- Observe the established computer time limits
- Respect the security of the network
- Respect privacy of other customers
- Failure to comply may result in loss of computer access or library privileges in addition to any appropriate legal action, including criminal prosecution
Youth Department Policy
Dear Parents and Caregivers,
Welcome to Niceville Public Library. We are glad you are here!
To help us make your child’s library experience a more enjoyable one, please follow these guidelines:
- While in the library, please teach your child to walk and talk quietly
- Food or drink should be left outside the library
- You may leave books on the carts, tables or counter tops if you decide not to check them out
- If your child is crying or disturbing others, please be considerate and remove him / her from the library until he / she is calmed
- For your child’s safety, jumping from or standing on the furniture is not permitted
- Library cards provide access to our internet computers. If you wish to restrict your child's access, please notify staff at the Circulation Desk.
- Please supervise your children
Teen Space Policy Coming Soon
Collection Development Policy Coming Soon