The Friends Group
The Friends Group is a committee of the Friends of the Niceville Public Library, Inc.
The Friends of the Niceville Public Library provide financial support and volunteer assistance for activities, programs, and services that make the library a better place for all patrons.
There are no age limits for our Friends: people of all ages, backgrounds and interests are welcome to join. We treasure ideas and recognize that our public library is a vital community resource. We appreciate the City of Niceville for providing us with a superb library that stands ready to serve the entire community with excellent resources and the highest level of customer service.
Projects and Programs
- Sienna, statue in front of the library
- Front Entryway Beautification, originally given in 2007, resealed 2013, 2018
- Tony Krysinsky Wood Engraving, “The Learning Path,” in Youth Services, given 2008
- Partial support provided a wheelchair for use by library patrons, 2008
- AWE Learning Stations (2 of 4) in Youth Services, given 2012
- Wall monitor at circulation desk to advertise library and community events, 2012, 2018
- New office furniture for Library Director’s office, 2013
- New disc cleaner for CDs, DVDs, and Blu-rays, 2014
- $500 donation to Mary Esther Friends for replacement items lost in March, 2014 storm
- LEGO Learning Activities Set, 2015
- Aquarium refurbishment/upgrade, 2015
- Funds provided annually for members of the library staff to attend various training sessions and conferences to share and learn more information to continually enhance our library
- Two glass display cases
Members get the satisfaction of helping enhance library services, enjoy lively (but brief) meetings, and receive a monthly events flier.
Niceville Public Library Calendar of Events Flier
The Niceville Library Calendar of Events will provide information about monthly library programs, and special events.
Friends Book Store
Our book store is located in the Library and is open Tuesday, Wednesday from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Donate to the Friends
Donations may be dropped off at the library during normal business hours. Tax receipts will be available upon request. Textbooks, encyclopedias, and newspapers are not accepted.
We sell items at reasonable prices, including: hardbacks, trade paperbacks, audios/videos, magazines, puzzles, and that have been donated to the library.
Annual Book Sale
Friends Members - September 20, 2019 (Time TBA) General Public - September 21,2019