What can you tell me about worthless checks?

There are several types of worthless checks: stop payment, closed account, forgery, and insufficient funds. Checks that are returned by the bank because of a stop payment, written on a closed account, of forged are all considered criminal in nature, and should be brought to the Niceville police department, along with any additional information pertaining to the transaction.

Insufficient funds checks are handled directly by the state attorney's office at 1-b 9th avenue in Shalimar, Florida across from the Shalimar Courthouse Annex. For more information about reporting an insufficient funds check, contact the State Attorney's office at 850-651-7260.

Show All Answers

1. How can I have my fingerprints taken for employment and/or licensing?
2. How do I get a copy of a police report?
3. What can you tell me about worthless checks?
4. What can you tell me about background checks?
5. There is a bear in my yard, what do I do?