Computer & Internet Info
Okaloosa library card holders may log on to our public internet computers using the barcode number on their library card. Visitors may receive a guest pass by showing photo ID at the Circulation Desk. Anyone under the age of 16 must have an Internet Permission card signed by their parent or legal guardian on file at the Circulation Desk in order to access our computers.
Computers for public use are connected to a high-speed fiber optic network and have standard Microsoft Office software installed. Customers may use personal USB drives and CDs in the computers.
Free WiFi is available during normal business hours.
The Niceville Library offers:
- 24 Public Use Computers
- 8 Teen Space Computers
- 4 Youth Area Computers
- 4 AWE Early Literacy Computers
- B/W Printing: 10¢ per page (Wireless printing also available)
- Color Printing: 25¢ per page
Computer & Internet Policy
Each individual is responsible for his or her appropriate use of the Internet in a public place. Parents or guardians have the responsibility to guide and oversee their children’s computer use and Internet access. Express parental permission may be required for users ages 16 and under. Libraries may additionally require direct supervision of young children.
In order to provide a safe and comfortable environment for all users, customer responsibilities are:
- Refrain from viewing pornographic content
- Comply with copyright law and adhere to software licensing agreements
- Refrain from streaming or downloading copyrighted materials
- Comply with all local, state, and federal laws including, but not limited to, those concerning fraud, privacy, or obscenity
- Observe the established computer time limits
- Respect the security of the network
- Respect privacy of other customers
- Failure to comply may result in loss of computer access or library privileges in addition to any appropriate legal action, including criminal prosecution