All About Niceville
Whether you are in town for a day, a month, or the rest of your life, you won't be disappointed with Niceville, Florida! Nestled comfortably along the shores of Choctawhatchee Bay in Florida's panhandle, this friendly town is a paradise for people of all ages and interests. The size, warmth and sincerity of the community are apparent throughout the city. Couple that with an endless variety of indoor and outdoor recreation activities, plus a healthy dose of sunshine and fresh air, and it is easy to see why Niceville is an attractive community for short-term visits or long-term living.
- Florida's Safest City of 2022 - SafeWise
- Best Place to Live in Florida - SmartTravel.Tips
- Best Place to Raise Kids in Florida - Bloomberg Businessweek
- One of Florida's Safest Places to Raise a Family - niche.com
- One of the Safest Places in Florida - Movoto.com
- The Cheapest Yet Greatest Place to Live in Florida - OnlyInYourState.com
- One of the 100 Safest Cities in Florida - National Council for Home Safety
- Our small town made the news!
Today Show puts Niceville on the map
- 16,708 (U.S. Census 2020)
- Niceville Demographics (U.S. Census Bureau QuickFacts)
Income & Cost of Living
- Median Household Income: $76,823
- Cost of Living Index: 108.3
- A subtropical climate with mild southern winds and very few weather extremes. Winters are mild, with snow a virtual rarity. On average, Niceville sees 343 days of sunshine per year. Summer temperatures average 70 to 92 degrees, and the nearby gulf water temperature averages 80 degrees.